To be able to send a fax from your email account, all you need is to have a positive balance of FaxOut credits. You can top up by logging onto your account and clicking “buy credits”. Once you have credits there are 2 methods that you can use to begin sending faxes.
The New FaxFX Fax Printer
The FaxFX Fax Printer can be downloaded directly from the FaxFX website. Once installed, the Fax Printer allows you to convert documents to faxes using any software that has printing capabilities. You are now able to preview all faxes before sending them, and if using MS Outlook to manage your contacts, you will be able to synchronise your contact list with the Fax Printer Contact Manager.
How to Use the FaxFX Fax Printer
- Open the document to be printed to fax
- Select the option of printing the document using “print-to-fax”
- In the Printer Wizard, choose the fax numbers of your intended recipients
- If you choose, you can select the option to include a cover page for your fax
- You are now free to preview the fax before sending it off
- Enter your account details and click on “finish”
- Either Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows XP
- FaxOut credits which can be purchased directly from our website
Sending a Fax via Email to Fax
- Compose a new email and enter the recipient’s unique 10 digit fax number in the “to” field, followed by “@faxfx.net”
- For your own reference and easy archiving, choose a subject for your fax
- The body of your email acts as the cover sheet of your fax. If you do not enter text into the body, a cover sheet will not be sent
- Attach any document you wish to send and click “send”. It will be received by the recipient in the form of a fax.